Select your vehicle
- Wheel Spacers
- May 17, 2021 APR AUDI B9 RS4/RS5 2.9 TFSI ECU Upgrade Version 1.4 Beta Update Version 1.4 is now ready for beta testing. We’ve tested each code in house, and are now opening them to the public. To get on this latest update the APR dealer will need to select “BETA” from the file menu list. This update is recommended for every existing customer on every version.
- Oct 12, 2020 APR - Bosch MG1 DirecPort Programming is Here! APR DirectPort Programming is now available for all APR ECU Upgrades featuring the new Bosch MG1 ECU!
APR AUDI B9 RS4/RS5 2.9 TFSI ECU Upgrade Version 1.4 Beta Update
Version 1.4 is now ready for beta testing. We’ve tested each code in house, and are now opening the files to the public. To get on this latest update the APR dealer will need to select “BETA” from the file menu list. This update is recommended for every existing customer on every box code and revision, stage, and version. This software applies to all markets and can be accessed at every dealer across the globe. The following items have changed from version 1.0 to version 1.4:
- Stage 1+ was created to support use of our new High Pressure Fuel Pump (HPFP)
- Launch control was optimized with a 2-step style limiter
- Driveline protection was included to protect components upon a launch
- Auto Start/Stop, a feature on ROW market vehicles, now defaults to the off position
- Exhaust crackle is now enabled under more scenarios, such as neutral revving
- Support was added for valveless exhaust systems
- Cold start RPM oscillation is now addressed
- Exhaust crackle was disabled on some codes and is now addressed
- All driveline faults presents on some codes are now addressed
Upon flashing this update, it’s critical all fault codes, which naturally occur during the flashing process, must be cleared before driving. Clearing fault codes resets all adaptation data. A few drive cycles will be necessary for some driving behavior, such as transmission shifting, to return to normal. Exhaust crackle may take up to 5 minutes to function fully for the first time as some exhaust temperature modeling data must accumulate after flashing.
Q: What caused the RPM oscillation during cold start?
A: Catalyst temperature protection was enabling during the catalyst heating routine. This scenario did not cause any harm. The updated corrects this behavior.
Q: Why was v1.3 pulled?
A: Some box codes had unexpected faults. For continuity we pulled all codes until everything could be sorted. None of those faults caused any harm to the engine.
Q: Why were there faults on 1.3?
A: The original launch control routine inadvertently disabled the exhaust crackle. This did not cause any harm to the engine. Furthermore, some ECU codes had a threshold that was too low, causing a fault code or driveline malfunction error. This also did not cause any harm to the engine.
Q: What vehicles get Auto Start/Stop and how does this feature work?
A: Non-North American vehicles get Auto Start/Stop. Our feature defaults it to the off position. Pushing the (A) button reenables the feature.
Q: What is the valveless exhaust feature?
A: The factory ECU has an aggressive protection routine that enables when the ECU believes the valves in the mufflers are not working correctly. We physically measured back pressure in the system under full power operation with the valve closed and found the difference to be negligible. Proving this was safe on this platform for a customer with an actual valve issue, we’ve altered setting so the exhaust can be modified and not trigger the power reduction routine.
Q: How do I use the new Launch Control?
A: Video tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?
Q: How much is Stage 1+
A: Stage 1+ is the same price as Stage 1. It’s a free upgrade for existing Stage 1 or Plus customers.
Q: How much power does stage 1+ make over Stage 1?
A: We measured a maximum gain of +37 AWHP and +50 AWHP over Stage 1 on E85. Graphs on our website on the ECU and HPFP product page. Gains were ONLY observed on E85. On all other octanes the system has plenty of fueling and does not have room to make more power.
Q: How much do your updates cost?
A: Updates a free. A dealer may charge labor for their time