APR Oil Catch Can - Universal 2.0T EA113 PCV Block Off Plate and Fittings Only
Designed for the DIY installers, the universal APR Catch Can Systems and Accessories are designed for use on vehicles where APR does not sell an application specific Catch Can System. The APR Oil Catch Can System traps excessive crankcase oil vapors and gunk from entering the engine. This helps to reduce carbon buildup on intake valves, octane lowering oil vapors and oil pooling in the intake tract. The can drains in seconds with the flick of a knob, and is recommended at all stages of performance.
An engine produces extreme pressures within its cylinders during operation and some ultimately slips by the piston rings and pressurizes the engine’s crankcase. This is exacerbated when increasing horsepower and driving harder. To relieve the pressure, the engine uses a PCV system that dumps the pressure, along with oil vapors, back into the intake tract to be consumed by the engine. Unfortunately, this results in the following performance robbing scenarios:
- Oil vapors mix with the air/fuel mixture, which reduces octane and hurts performance.
- Carbon builds up on the back of intake valves, which reduces airflow and hurts performance.
- Messy oil pools in the intake tract and coats the intercooler, leading to hose degradation, and reduced IC effectiveness.
- Some PCV system can fail, creating a massive boost leak that directly pressurizes the crankcase.
The APR Oil Catch Can System eliminates boost pressure from seeing the front PCV port, where applicable. The system routes crankcase gasses through the APR catch can, which filters oil vapors through a track-proven four-staged baffling system. The vapors pool in the bottom of the can, while the rest of the pressure is diverted back to the intake tract where it’s burned off by the engine.
The result is simple:
- A cleaner engine
- Better performance
- Elimination of a possible failure point
Please Note: This is a DIY system and may require other components, depending on application, such as an APR boost tap, hoses and brackets. The Norma hose connetors are designed for 3/4th inch hoses.